Report child abuse

Report child abuse

To report child abuse you only need to identify a child with one of the following:

  • A name
  • A school
  • An address
  • A location

If you think a child might be at risk you don't need to be completely sure.

IF YOU SEE SOMETHING SAY SOMETHING. Safeguarding for volunteers. This video is to raise your awareness of safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults, and tell you what to do if you see something that doesn’t feel right.

Report child abuse to Childline

Call 0800 1111

Report child abuse to the NSPCC

Call 0808 800 5000

Report child abuse to the police

If a child or young person is in immediate danger of serious harm or has been left alone:

Call 999

Use the non-emergency number if you think a crime has taken place or it's not an emergency:

Call 101

Report child abuse to Rotherham Council

If you're worried about a child, even if you're unsure, contact the council 24/7 for help, advice and support.

Call 01709 336080

You can also use this telephone number to report historical abuse.

Your local council is there to help resolve your worries by following these four simple steps:

  • Listening to your concerns
  • Gathering information
  • Assessing the whole picture
  • Deciding what action to take

Know how to spot the signs of child abuse or neglect

Find out more

If you work with children

You should report your concerns by phone or by completing the 'Worried about a child form'. To complete the form you will be asked to provide more information than a member of the public.

Make a referral

Check the guidance