Knife Crime and Serious Violence
Do you know the facts?
- Carrying a knife is illegal
- Even if it’s for your own protection or for someone else, you will be arrested and prosecuted
- Police can and will search anyone they believe is carrying a knife
- Possession of a knife carries a prison sentence of up to four years, even if it's not used
- If you stab somebody and they die, you could face a life sentence
- Carrying a knife does not protect you
- If you carry a knife you are much more likely to use it and to get stabbed yourself
- Around 1/3 of knife-related injuries are caused by the victim’s own knife
- There is no safe place to stab someone
- A wound in the arm or leg can still be life-threatening
- If a knife punctures an artery you can bleed to death within a minute
Click HERE to find out more about: Operation Sceptre Knife Crime campaign.