Abuse can happen to anyone but deaf and disabled children are over 3 times more likely to be abused or neglected than non-disabled children (Jones et al, 2012).
It's vital that professionals working with children with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities follow best practice to keep them safe and protect them from abuse or neglect.
- Sendiass Homepage http://www.rotherhamsendiass.org.uk/
- Autism Communication Team
- Children's Disability Outreach
- Educational Psychology
- Hearing Impairment Team
- Rotherham Portage Service
- Rotherham SEND Information Advice and Support Service
- South Yorkshire Eating Disorders Association